If you have done your education outside of Canada, you need to get it evaluated by one of the below-mentioned authorities.
This is required to earn education points in the express entry CRS score. It is required by the principal application to earn up to 150 points for the level of education and 50 more in Skill transferability section. More details about the points can be found here.
This assessment is not required for education credentials earned inside Canada.
WES – World Education Services is the most popular among all five options. Their process is easy and faster compared to all other options.
Steps are very simple.
- Create a profile on WES Canada and start the process. Choose the option “ECA application for IRCC“.
- Provide your personal details.
- After that add credentials. Provide the details of your education as the name of the institute, Country, type, etc. Give the address where you would like to receive the report.
- After submitting and paying, You will receive the required instructions on what all documents are required to be sent to WES office in Canada. In most cases, the documents required are one copy of your degree certificate and one copy of the transcript in a sealed envelope from your university directly.
- You should contact your university for this. They must be having a provision and a process already in place for handling this type of request. Some universities have the whole process available online on their website.
- There are some universities, especially in India, where you are required to visit them personally with all the original documents to get the transcripts sent in a sealed envelope to WES.
- You can monitor the status of your evaluation on the WES website. If you want, you can raise an inquiry
- Once a successful evaluation is done. You will receive the report via mail. You will need ECA number for your express entry profile.
I wish you all the best for your ECA process.