Congratulations for your PPR. You would have got good news via email or through message in your CIC account.
I am sharing some points which you can help you in the next steps.
- Take the print out of PPR letter. – 1 Copy
- Find out the nearest VFS and their timings. Timings can be checked at the this link. VFS timings You cannot book appointment for Passport transmission services. Each VFS has fixed slots for Travel agents (mostly in mornings), Avoid that time. After lunch time, there will no rush. Plan your visit at that time.
- Check you passport is valid for next six months at least and have two blank pages. Take photocopies of all the passports (black&white is also fine). You can get copies done at VFS center also. The passport should be same as the one you have mentioned while submitting the application. There is no need to provide old expired passports.
- You can take all the passports on behalf of all the family members. No authorization letter is also required.
- Take cash with you for paying the fees. INR 597 per passport as on Aug 5th, 2017. Check the latest fee for this service on the link (Fees for Secure transmission).
- Take photographs as per CIC specifications as mentioned here . If you are having difficulty getting correct photographs from outside. The service is available in some VFS Centres also. Whether it is available there or not, you can check it on their website on this link (services at VFS).
- Procedure at VFS will be like below.
- Get the token from reception for submission. You can take Phones, car keys etc with you. You need to switch off the mobile. Pen drives, power banks are not allowed, so better check your bags or purses before reaching there.
- After that wait for your token number and go to the designated counter number. The VFS agent will collect your documents and will put it inside one bag. Everything will be put inside one bag. He will return it to you to may the fees at the cash counter and then go to final counter for submission.
- Payment can be made only by cash only. After payment go to the final counter as suggested by VFS agent.
- At the final counter, the agent will ask you for your address if you want the passports to get delivered via Bluedart courier. If you don’t trust the courier services too well (in my case I dint have good experience with them earlier so I opted not to use courier services). Provide your mobile number for SMS service and Thats it done. Keep the receipt safe with you.
- You can track the progress after submission on their website (Tracking the application) via using the tracking numbers present on the receipt. You will receive tracking numbers via SMS also. If you have not chosen the courier services, you can collect the passport from VFS again. There are specific time slots (check here) for passport collection services. Choose the evening once to avoid rush.
- These days (July-Aug 2017), the applications are getting approved on next working day as soon as passports are reaching High Commission of Canada, New Delhi. For sometime, the status of additional document will be “being reviewed”. After that it will change to approved as shown below.
- Once the application is approved, Next day your passport will be ready for collection at VFS center. You will get a message for the same or you can check online the status.
- In the received envelope, you will get Stamped Visa on passport and COPR letter. COPR will have two copies with photo attached on one. There will no photo on the Stamped visa inside passport. In addition to that there will an instruction booklet. Check all the details on COPR and stamped visa as soon as you receive it. Incase of anything not correct, contact your visa office ASAP.
All the best… Enjoy..